Thursday, October 2, 2008

Trigger Finger Surgery

Yesterday I had surgery for my trigger fingers. They did surgery on my thumb and little finger and injected cortisone into my index finger. To read more about it you can go to: http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/handcondtions/a/triggerfinger.htm. They did a Beer Block on my lower arm for the surgery. I being the smart ass that I am, asked if they were using Coors Light. It's actually named after the anesthesiologist that invented it. I googled it and found it spelled Beer's Block and Bier's Block. Check it out if you to know more about it. Here's a couple of pictures.











I had to put my initials on the fingers they were going to be doing the procedures on and then the doctor had to initial them as well.I get to take the ace bandage and gauze off tomorrow and cover the incisions with bandages. I can take a shower and wash my hand, put I can't keep it in water for a prolonged amount of time...therefore no dishwashing for me until after the stitches come out on the 13th.

1 comment:

Sindi said...

Beer Block...I love it! I would have asked for a Busch Light Beer Block.