Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Joined a Tuesday night ladies bowling league. It started last Tuesday, but I was sick, so tonight was my first night bowling...in 1-1/2 years. It's called the Lakers League and I'm on the Thrifty White Pill Rollers team...seems appropriate since I live on a lake and take plenty of pills! The scores weren't too good...90-75-92. I think I may have to get some practice bowling in and maybe a few lessons. My team does the poker hand every game and a lot of things with quarters...like the lowest score on the first roll of the 5th frame pays 4 quarters (I did that), a gutter ball after a fill pays a quarter (did that one a couple of times), a score of 69 in any frame pays a quarter (did that one too). You also have to pay 2 quarters if someone gets a double. There are all sorts of scenarios. I told them to just let me know when I need to pay. I may have to run a tab and just pay out in dollars at the end of the evening. Oh well, it's all about fun!

2 comments:

Sindi said...

was starting to think people had forgotten about blogging since facebook became so popular

Grandma Bette said...

Gald to see some of those blogs again