Thursday, July 24, 2008

Blog virgin & introduction


Well this is my first time at blogging. I'm not sure what I'll put on here yet, we'll just have to see how it goes. I guess I'll start out with a short introduction. In the fall of 2005, after almost 30 years of living in the Twin Cities (the last 22 years in Apple Valley), we decided to move up north and live on the lake. We bought a house on Round Lake near Tamarack which is in the northeast portion of Aitkin County and moved in just after Christmas of 2005. Our lake isn't huge, but it's very clean and quiet. We've been here now for three winters and three summers and have gotten into snowmobiling, ATVing and of course boating.


The down side is that the closest town with a grocery store, doctor, dentist, etc is McGregor which is about 12 miles away. To the west, Aitkin is about 35 minutes, Brainerd about an hour. To the east, Cloquet is about 40 minutes and Duluth is about an hour. So basically we're smack dab in the middle of no where, as far as any major shopping goes! It's been 2-1/2 years and I'm still adjusting to that. Here's where we're at:

No comments: