Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The missing Christmas block

Kelli said I could decorate her tree for her this year. While perusing hers and Josh's decorations I came across a very familiar ornament that I knew did not belong in her box. When I asked her why she had this ornament she said "Andrea didn't take it right away, so you snooze you lose and I took it". This was the very first ornament Grandma Bling bought for Andrea. We were at a holiday craft show in the Alden area at the end of October 1982. She wanted to buy these for the grandchildren but didn't know what to get for the baby (this was before you could find out the sex and then name them ahead of time). I knew we had picked out the name Brian for a boy and I was convinced I was having a boy. So I told Grandma to just buy a B for baby thinking it would really be for Brian. Anyhoo Andrea, I stole the block ornament back and now have it on display with your Crinkle Claus collection right next to your crack pipe smokin Santa!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Make me look bad! It is not like I took it to be mean!